The securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta is interested in hearing from investors who have complaints regarding California-based Independent Financial Group broker/adviser Cindy Couyoumjian, also known as Cynthia Koczkodan (CRD# 1456630).
Cindy Couyoumjian has spent 29 years in the securities industry and has been registered with Independent Financial Group in Tustin, California since 2010. Previous registrations include First Allied Securities in Tustin, California (2004-2010); Linsco/Private Ledger in Boston, Massachusetts (2003-2004); AXA Advisors in New York, New York (1987-2003); and the Equitable Life Assurance Society of the United States in New York, New York (1986-2000). She is a registered broker and investment adviser in twelve US states.
- According to her BrokerCheck report, Cindy Couyoumjian is the subject of eight customer complaints, one pending customer complaint, and three regulatory sanctions.
- In March 2015 a customer alleged Cindy Couyoumjian, while employed at First Allied Securities, recommended unsuitable investments, breached contract, acted negligently, breached implied warranty, committed fraud, and violated FINRA laws and FINRA rules in connection to an investment in an IMH fund and private equity. The customer is seeking $2,000,000 in damages in the pending complaint.
- In 2014 a customer alleged Cindy Couyoumjian, while employed at First Allied Securities, made unsuitable investment recommendations and misrepresented material facts. The complaint settled in June 2015 for $50,000.
- In 2014 a customer alleged Cindy Couyoumjian, while employed at First Allied Securities, misrepresented material facts, violated FINRA rules, recommended unsuitable investments, and violated the Securities and Exchange Act of 1933. The complaint settled in June 2015 for $45,000.
- In 2014 a customer alleged Cindy Couyoumjian, while employed at First Allied Securities, breached her fiduciary duty, made unsuitable recommendations, and misrepresented material facts related to an investment. The complaint settled in June 2015 for $2,000,000.
- In 2013 a customer alleged Cindy Couyoumjian, while employed at First Allied Securities, acted negligently, misrepresented material facts, sold away from her member firm, breached her fiduciary duty, breached contract, committed fraud, and violated state and federal securities laws. The complaint settled in 2014 for $417,500, to which Ms. Couyoumijian individually contributed $67,750.
- In 2006 the State of Ohio sanctioned Cindy Couyoumjian following allegations she “lacked good business repute.” Her application for registration in the state was subsequently denied.
If you have complaints regarding Cindy Couyoumjian, call the securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta at 877-238-4175 for a free consultation. You may be entitled to recoup your losses. All cases are taken on contingency: we only receive payment if and when you recover money. You may have a limited window to file your complaint, so we encourage you to avoid delay. Call 877-238-4175 now to speak to an attorney for free.