The securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta is interested in hearing from investors who have complaints regarding former Michigan-based Intervest broker Anthony Manaia (CRD# 1506665).
Anthony Manaia has spent 23 years in the securities industry and was most recently registered with Intervest International Equities, a subsidiary of Intervest Insurance Agency, in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan (2007-2010). Previous registrations include United Securities Alliance in Auburn Hills, Michigan (2005-2007); Lasalle Street Securities in Elmhurst, Illinois (2005); Cambridge Investment Research in Fairfield, Iowa (2003-2005); UBS Painewebber in Weehawken, New Jersey (1993-2003); Merrill Lynch in New York, New York (1986-1993); and IDS Marketing Corporation (1986). He is currently not registered with any state or firm.
According to his BrokerCheck report, Anthony Manaia is the subject of three regulatory sanctions, nineteen customer complaints, and two employment separations after allegations.
- In 2014 a customer alleged Anthony Manaia, while employed at Intervest International Equities, breached his fiduciary duty, acted negligently, recommended unsuitable investments, committed fraud, and breached contract in connection to private placement investments in Mammoth Horizon, Medical Capital Funding V Series 1, and Mammoth Destiny. The complaint resulted in an award to the customer of $40,000.
- In 2012 a customer alleged Anthony Manaia, while employed at Intervest International Equities and Manaia Capital Management, breached his fiduciary duty, acted negligently, made unsuitable recommendations, committed fraud, and violated the Michigan Uniform Securities Act. The complaint resulted in an award to the customer of more than $727,200.
- In 2011 the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) sanctioned Anthony Manaia following allegations he made material misrepresentations and omissions in connection to investments in private placements. Mr. Manaia was issued more than $50,000 in fines and other penalties and suspended from associating with any FINRA member form for thirty business days.
- In 2010 Anthony Manaia was discharged from Intervest International Equities following allegations he committed “multiple violations” of firm policies and procedures.
- In 2005 a customer alleged Anthony Manaia, while employed at UBS Financial Services, failed to properly manage their discretionary account, instead investing their funds in “overly risky investments,” and providing unsuitable recommendations with respect to their 401k account held away from the firm. The complaint settled in 2007 for $125,000.
- In 2005 a customer alleged Anthony Manaia, while employed at UBS Financial Services, over-concentrated the account in high-risk equities. The complaint settled for $165,000.
- In 2005 a customer alleged Anthony Manaia, while employed at UBS Financial Services, over-concentrated the account in high-risk equities. The complaint settled for $245,000.
If you have complaints regarding Anthony Manaia, call the securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta at 877-238-4175 for a free consultation. You may be entitled to recoup your losses. All cases are taken on contingency: we only receive payment if and when you recover money. You may have a limited window to file your complaint, so we encourage you to avoid delay. Call 877-238-4175 now to speak to an attorney for free.