Publicly available records published by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) on February 17, 2016 indicate that Virginia-based Invest Financial broker/adviser David Hannett is the subject of several settled or pending customer complaints. The securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta is investigating allegations of misconduct against Mr. Hannett (CRD# 236025).
David Hannett has spent 40 years in the securities industry and has been registered with Invest Financial Corporation in Vienna, Virginia since 1991. Previous registrations include Dean Witter Reynolds in Purchase, New York; Ferris Baker Watts; Baker Watts & Company; Laidlaw Adams & Peck; and Paine Webber Jackson & Curtis. He is a registered broker and investment adviser in twelve US states and territories: California, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington.
According to his BrokerCheck report, David Hannett is the subject of one regulatory sanction, two customer complaints, and one pending customer complaint.
- In March 2015 a customer alleged David Hannett, while employed at Invest Financial, mishandled account assets. The customer is seeking $5,000,000 in damages in the pending complaint.
- In 2012 a customer alleged David Hannett, while employed at Invest Financial, made unsuitable investment recommendations. The complaint settled for $60,000.
- In 1983 the New York Stock Exchange sanctioned David Hannett following allegations he engaged in “conduct inconsistent with just and equitable principles of trade” while employed at Paine Webber. He was censured and issued a $40,000 fine.
- In 1983 David Hannett was discharged from his position at Paine Webber following unspecified allegations.
- In 1980 a customer alleged David Hannett, while employed at Paine Webber Jackson & Curtis, recommended an unsuitable investment. The complaint resulted in an award to the customer of more than $10,400.
If you have complaints regarding David Hannett, call the securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta at 877-238-4175 for a free consultation. You may be entitled to recoup your losses. All cases are taken on contingency: we only receive payment if and when you recover money. You may have a limited window to file your complaint, so we encourage you to avoid delay. Call 877-238-4175 now to speak to an attorney for free.