Illinois-based Investment Planners broker/adviser Thomas Ealy is the subject of several settled or pending customer complaints. The securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta is interested in hearing from investors who have complaints regarding Mr. Ealy (CRD# 863042).
Thomas Ealy has spent 34 years in the securities industry and has been registered with Investment Planners in Champaign, Illinois since 1995. Previous registrations include FSC Securities in Atlanta, Georgia (1990-1995) and Cozad Investment Services (1981-1990). He is a registered broker and investment adviser in 33 US states.
According to his BrokerCheck report, Thomas Ealy is the subject of two customer complaints and two pending customer complaints.
- In October 2015 a customer alleged Thomas Ealy, while employed at Investment Planners, failed to calculate the accuracy of life insurance premiums to maintain a policy written in 1994 that lapsed in 2011. The customer is seeking $600,000 in damages in the pending complaint.
- In December 2015 a customer alleged Thomas Ealy, while employed at Investment Planners, recommended two unsuitable alternative investments. The customer sought $90,000 in damages in the complaint, which was denied.
- In 2014 a customer alleged Thomas Ealy, while employed at Investment Planners, failed to calculate the accuracy of life insurance premiums. The customer is seeking $1,000,000 in damages in the pending complaint.
- In 1993 a customer alleged Thomas Ealy breached his fiduciary duty, failed to disclose material facts, and engaged in fraudulent concealment. The complaint settled in 1995 for $75,000.
- In 1991 a customer alleged Thomas Ealy refused to repurchase stock. The complaint settled for $50,000.
If you have suffered losses as a result of investments made with Thomas Ealy, you may be able to collect a recovery. Call the securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta at 877-238-4175 for a free consultation. All cases are taken on a contingency basis: we only receive payment if and when you recover money. You may have a limited window to file your claim, so we suggest you avoid delay. Call 877-238-4175 now to speak to an attorney for free.
All information in this article has been provided through records made public by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) on March 7, 2016.