New York-based Trident Partners broker/adviser David Kaplan is the subject of customer complaints. The securities and investment fraud law firm FItapelli Kurta is investigating allegations of misconduct against Mr. Kaplan (CRD# 1176065).
Stockbroker David Kaplan has spent 31 years in the securities industry and has been registered with Trident Partners in Hauppage and New York, New York since October 2015. Previous registrations include: Gilford Securities in Melville, New York; Carnegie Investor Services in New York, New York; the Stuart James Company in Denver, Colorado; Best Investors Group in Hauppage, New York; Marketfield Securities; Fahnestock & Company; Fahnestock International; Rooney Page; and Blinder Robinson & Company. He is a registered broker and investment adviser with fourteen US states and territories.
According to his BrokerCheck report, David Kaplan is the subject of three customer complaints, one pending customer complaint, and one regulatory sanction.
- In 2014 a customer filed a complaint against David Kaplan, while he was employed at Gilford Securities, alleging control person liability. The customer is seeking $875,000
- In 2011 the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) sanctioned David Kaplan following allegations, among others, he failed to supervise a registered representative engaged in an “international pump-and-dump scheme” that entailed the “unregistered sales of millions of shares” exceeding $33 million. He was issued a 12-month suspension from acting in a supervisory capacity, as well as fines and other penalties exceeding $300,000.
- In 2009 a customer alleged David Kaplan, while employed at Gilford Securities, failed to supervise a broker who made unsuitable investment recommendations. The complaint settled in 2010 for $90,000.
- In 1993 a customer alleged David Kaplan, while employed at Gilford Securities, misrepresented and omitted material facts, and recommended unsuitable investments. The complaint settled in 1994 for $28,000.
- In 1992 a customer alleged David Kaplan made unsuitable investment recommendations, acted negligently, misrepresented material facts, and failed to supervise. The complaint settled 1993 for $27,001.
If you or someone you know has complaints regarding David Kaplan, call the securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta at 877-238-4175 for a free consultation. You may be entitled to recover lost funds. All cases are taken on contingency: we only receive payment if and when you collect money. Time to file your claim may be limited, so we suggest you avoid delay. Call 877-238-4175 now to speak to an attorney for free.
All information contained in this article, made public by FINRA on March 16, 2016.