Former New York-based Revere Securities broker George Dahl is currently not licensed to act as a broker or an investment adviser. The securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta is interested in hearing from investors who have complaints regarding Mr. Dahl (CRD# 59820).
George Dahl has spent 44 years in the securities industry and was most recently registered with Revere Securities in New York, New York (2015). Previous registrations include Newport Coast Securities in Irvine, California; Wedbush Securities in Newport Beach, California; Brookstreet Securities in San Juan Capistrano, California; the Seidler Companies Incorporated in Irvine, California; RBC Dain Rauscher in New York, New York; Sutro & Company in San Francisco, California; Smith Barney in New York, New York; Lehman Brothers in New York, New York; Lehman Brothers Kuhn Loeb; J. David Securities; Bateman Eichler Hill Richards; Paine Webber Jackson & Curtis; Blyth Eastman Dillon & Company; and Dean Witter & Company. He is currently not registered with any state or firm.
In March 2016 FINRA suspended George Dahl following allegations he “willfully failed to timely amend his Form U4 to disclose a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy filing and an unsatisfied federal tax lien.” Mr. Dahl also allegedly participated in an outside business activity, involving a manufacturing company, for which he was compensated, without providing written notice to his member firm, Newport Coast Securities. FINRA also found that Mr. Dahl executed unauthorized transactions. He was issued a 9-month suspension and a fine of $20,000.
According to his BrokerCheck report, George Dahl is the subject of six customer complaints, one pending customer complaint, and one regulatory sanction.
- In 2013 a customer alleged George Dahl, while employed at Newport Coast Securities, breached his fiduciary duty and recommended unsuitable investments. The complaint settled in 2014 for $300,000.
- In 2010 a customer alleged George Dahl, while employed at Brookstreet Securities, recommended an unsuitable investment, executed unauthorized trades, and breached his fiduciary duty. The complaint resulted in an award to the customer of $12,500, to which Mr. Dahl individually contributed $12,500.
- In 2005 a customer alleged Dahl, while employed at RBC Dain Rauscher, made unauthorized trades. The complaint settled for more than $10,200.
- In 2005 George Dahl was discharged from RBC Dain Rauscher following allegations he executed an unauthorized sale of DHB and an unauthorized purchase of Apple stock.
- In 2002 a customer alleged Dahl, while employed at Sutro & Company, “used an inconsistent risk level & insisted they go on margin.” The complaint settled in 2004 for $198,000.
- In 2002 a customer alleged George Dahl, while employed at RBC Dain Rauscher, caused “dissatisfaction” in connection to investments in Global Crossing and Metromedia. The customer is seeking $36,000 in damages in the pending complaint.
- In 1995 a customer alleged George Dahl, while employed at Smith Barney Shearson, churned investments, executed unauthorized trades, failed to supervise, and made unsuitable recommendations. The complaint settled in 1996 for $14,500.
- In 1991 a customer alleged George Dahl, while employed at Shearson Lehman Hutton, recommended unsuitable investments, misrepresented material facts, acted negligently, failed to supervise, and committed fraud. The complaint resulted in an award to the customer of $45,613.
If you or someone you know has complaints regarding George Dahl, call the securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta at 877-238-4175 for a free consultation. You may be entitled to recover lost funds. All cases are taken on contingency: we only receive payment if and when you collect money. Time to file your claim may be limited, so we suggest you avoid delay. Call 877-238-4175 now to speak to an attorney for free.
Information in this article has been made available to the public by FINRA on April 12, 2016.