According to records provided by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), former California-based Arete Wealth Management broker Jonathan Greenfield has been permanently barred from acting as a broker. The securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta is investigating allegations of misconduct against Mr. Greenfield (CRD# 2591266).
Jonathan Greenfield has spent eighteen years in the securities industry and was most recently registered with Arete Wealth Management in Woodland Hills, California (2010-2013). Previous registrations include Financial West Group in Woodland Hills, California (2008-2010); Morgan Peabody in Studio City, California (2004-2008); Sentra Securities Corporation in Phoenix, Arizona (2003-2004); SII Investments in Appleton, Wisconsin (2003); Sentra Securities Corporation in Phoenix, Arizona (1997-2003); HJ Meyers & Company in Rochester, New York (1996-1997); the Boston Group in Los Angeles, California (1996); and Lazar Frederick & Company in Beverly Hills, California (1995-1996). Two of his former employers, Morgan Peabody and HJ Meyers & Company, have since been expelled by FINRA Mr. Greenfield is currently not registered with any state or firm.
According to his BrokerCheck report, Jonathan Greenfield is the subject of one regulatory sanction, one pending criminal charge, and nine customer complaints.
In 2014 FINRA sanctioned Jonathan Greenfield following allegations he “recklessly, and at times intentionally, made material misrepresentations and omissions to customers regarding the features of renewable secured debentures when he sent emails soliciting those customers.” According to FINRA’s complaint, Mr. Greenfield made additional misrepresentations and omissions to more than fifty customers who didn’t purchase debentures. Mr. Greenfield was barred from associating with any FINRA member firm in any capacity.
- In 2013 a customer alleged Greenfield, while employed at Morgan Peabody, made unsuitable promissory note recommendations. The complaint settled for $15,000.
- In 2013 a customer alleged Jonathan Greenfield, while employed at Morgan Peabody, made unsuitable investment recommendations. The complaint settled for $8,000.
- In 2011 a customer alleged Greenfield, while employed at Morgan Peabody, misrepresented and omitted material facts, acted negligently, and recommended unsuitable investments. The complaint settled in 2012 for $34,700.
- In 2010 a customer alleged Jonathan Greenfield, while employed at Morgan Peabody, sold unsuitable investments. The complaint, in which Mr. Greenfield was released from liability, settled in 2011 for $123,783.
- In 2010 a customer alleged Greenfield, while employed at Morgan Peabody, misrepresented material facts related to a promissory note investment. The complaint settled in 2011 for more than $166,100.
- In 2012 Jonathan Greenfield was charged with eight counts of felony wire fraud in the US District Court for the Central District of California in Los Angeles, California. The charge remains pending
If you have lost money investing with Jonathan Greenfield, you may be entitled to recover your losses. Call the securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta at 877-238-4175 for a free consultation. Fitapelli Kurta takes every case on a contingency basis, which means Fitapelli Kurta only gets paid if and when you collect money. By law there may be a limited window to file your claim, so we recommend you avoid delay. Call 877-238-4175 now to speak to an attorney for free.