California-based Ameriprise Financial Services broker Mazhar Mahmood is the subject of a customer complaint. The securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta is interested in hearing from investors who have complaints regarding Mr. Mahmood (CRD# 2876589).
Mazhar Mahmood has spent eighteen years in the securities industry and has been registered with the following firms: Ameriprise Financial Services in Irvine, California since 1998. Previous registrations include IDS Life Insurance Company in Minneapolis, Minnesota (1998-2006) and Miller Johnson & Kuehn in Minneapolis, Minnesota (1997). He is a registered broker and investment adviser with seven US states: Arizona, California, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.
According to his BrokerCheck report, Mazhar Mahmood is the subject of one customer complaint and four customer complaints that were withdrawn or denied.
- In July 2015 a customer alleged Mazhar Mahmood, while employed at Ameriprise Financial Services, prepared inaccurate tax returns and gave poor advice. The customer is seeking $383,788 in damages in the complaint, which has evolved into arbitration.
- In 2009 a customer alleged Mr. Mahmood, while employed at Ameriprise Financial Services, recommended an unsuitable real estate investment trust (REIT) purchase. The customer sought $20,000 in damages in the complaint, which was denied.
- Also in 2009 a customer alleged Mazhar Mahmood, while registered with Ameriprise Financial Services, delayed a transaction, resulting in losses. The customer sought $45,959 in damages in the complaint, which was denied.
- In 2008 a customer alleged Mazhar Mahmood, while employed at Ameriprise Financial Services, refused to comply with requests, resulting in losses. The customer sought more than $22,000 in damages in the complaint, which was withdrawn.
- In 2002 a customer alleged Mazhar Mahmood, while with Ameriprise Financial Services, misrepresented and omitted material facts, recommended an unsuitable investment, fraudulently mishandled accounts, and breached his fiduciary duty. The complaint settled in 2004 for $102,500.
If you or someone you know has lost money investing with Mazhar Mahmood, call the securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta at 877-238-4175 for a free consultation. You may be eligible to recoup your losses. Fitapelli Kurta accepts all cases on a contingency basis: Fitapelli Kurta only gets paid if and when you collect money. By law there is a limited window to file complaints, so we encourage you to avoid delay. Call 877-238-4175 now to speak to an attorney for free.
This information is based on publicly available documents provided by FINRA on March 21, 2016.