Michael Dorsey Discharged From Smith Barney

Michael DorseyPublicly available records provided by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) on October 12, 2016 indicate that Hawaii-based Stifel Nicolaus broker/adviser Michael Dorsey is the subject of a pending customer complaint. The securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta is interested in hearing from investors who have complaints regarding Mr. Dorsey (CRD# 1585567).

Michael Dorsey has spent 29 years in the securities industry and has been registered with Stifel Nicolaus & Company in Honolulu, Hawaii since 2008. Previous registrations include Wachovia Securities in Honolulu, Hawaii; AG Edwards & Sons in Honolulu, Hawaii; Citigroup Global Markets in New York, New York; and Lehman Brothers in New York, New York. He is a registered broker and investment adviser with thirteen US states and territories: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Nevada, New Mexico, Virginia, and Washington.

According to his BrokerCheck report, Michael Dorsey has received one pending customer complaint and was discharged from his position at Smith Barney.

In July 2016 a customer alleged Michael Dorsey, while employed at Stifel Nicolaus & Company, breached his fiduciary duty, committed fraud, misrepresented material facts, breached contract, omitted material facts, failed to supervise and control, violated state and federal securities laws, and violated FINRA rules of fair practice as well as New York Stock Exchange rules. The customer is seeking $250,000 in damages in the pending complaint.

In 2005 Michael Dorsey was terminated from his position at Smith Barney following allegations he signed a client’s signature without the client’s permission on two account-related documents.

If you have complaints regarding Michael Dorsey, you may be able to recover lost funds. Call the securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta at 877-238-4175 for a free consultation. All cases are taken on contingency: Fitapelli Kurta only gets paid if and when you recover money. You may have a limited window to file your claim, so we recommend you avoid delay. Call 877-238-4175 now to speak to an attorney for free.