Robert Player has spent 24 years in the securities industry and has been registered with Wells Fargo Advisors in Garden City, New York and Boca Raton, Florida since 2003. Previous registrations include Prudential Securities Incorporated in New York, New York (1998-2003) and Merrill Lynch in New York, New York (1991-1998). He is a registered broker and investment adviser in seven US states: California, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania.
According to his BrokerCheck report, Robert Player is the subject of seven customer complaints and one pending customer complaint. He was additionally discharged from his position at Merrill Lynch.
- In 2015 a customer alleged Robert Player, while employed at Wells Fargo Advisors, engaged in discretionary trading in their accounts. The customer is seeking more than $5,000 in damages in the pending complaint.
- In 2009 a customer alleged Player, while employed at Wachovia Securities, executed unauthorized trades and effected an unsuitable mutual fund purchase. The complaint settled in 2010 for $75,000.
- In 2003 a customer alleged Robert Player, while employed at Prudential Securities, recommended unsuitable investments. The complaint settled for $175,000.
- In 1999 a customer alleged Player engaged in unauthorized trading. The complaint settled for $16,552.
- In 1998 a customer alleged Robert Player, while employed at Merrill Lynch, executed unauthorized trades. The complaint settled for $32,000.
- In 1998 a customer alleged Player, while employed at Merrill Lynch, failed to provide discounted commissions, failed to timely executed a trade, executed an unauthorized trade, and failed to disclose the sales charge associated with a mutual fund purchase. The complaint settled for $48,737.
- In 1998 a customer alleged Player, while employed at Merrill Lynch, recommended unsuitable investments, churned the accounts, and executed unauthorized trades. The complaint settled for $110,961.
- In 1998 Robert Player was discharged from his position at Merrill Lynch following allegations he used unauthorized discretion.
If you have lost money investing with Robert Player, you may be entitled to recover your losses. Call the securities and investment fraud law firm Fitapelli Kurta at 877-238-4175 for a free consultation. All cases are taken on a contingency basis: Fitapelli Kurta only gets paid if and when you collect funds. Time to file your claim may be limited by law, so we encourage you to avoid delay. Call 877-238-4175 now to speak to an attorney for free.